Friday, February 6, 2009

I've finally come to a realization ...

Well it was NEVER a permanent job with McDonalds ... but these past two weeks have pretty much made up my mind here ...!!!

Well i ve decided i need to get a new job soon . Cannot do the heavy lifting anymore .. its going to cripple me with this bloody knee !! :p But its a good realization ... something needs to be done and soon !!
The said knee was injured last year ... i fell on the ice ... and then it got infected for over a month!!!

Since then it has been on and off with aching ... some days much better then others . Well its been a long time since i ve had serious probs with it but last couple weeks have been bad !!! Then two days ago i lifted heavy boxes at work and i felt sick to my stomach as well as my knee was KILLING me !! Dr told me I cannot heavy lift or pull or push anymore ... Pretty much eliminates half of my job there !!!!

So i m going to be considering my options here .. watch this space !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have idea's of where you want to look for work? I hope your knee feels better soon!!!

Renee said...

A whun i am hoping that you find something you like and can do ~ i know what it is like to hve physcial limitations, it's hard! Will be keeping an eye out here ot see hwat you decide!

Cori said...

well there s something thats some to my attention at least for a part time job .. i m weighing a couple different options .. of course i m not leaving my current job till my wages are replaced with something else !!

SM said...

You have to consider yourself, health is an important thing, we are all complacent about it until it starts to fail us and it is a case of "Oh damn, shoulda took care of myself a bit better when I got the chance"

The joy of hindsight huh? Be good to yourself

XXX